Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Health Status and Health Care Access of Farm and Rural Populations

For starters, I really don't know how to "blog." I just wanted to make that point clear. Regarding the first question, I truly do not know anything about the health issues of Robeson, Scotland, and Hoke counties. Regarding the assigned reading, I learned that quantity and quality both are issues in rural areas when it comes to health care. A lower population for nonmetro areas equals a lower standard for service and fewer resources. For example, it would be unfair for someone to get better treatment because he lives in Raleigh, while someone from Lumberton would travel to Raleigh for better health care. I believe issues like these need to be addressed because every American deserves the right to high quality health care regardless of their situation. By "every American," I mean all races, genders, colors, and social class. With that said, what does the statistics show for rural areas such as the counties of Robeson, Scotland, and Hoke? Does it follow the same pattern from this study? Will the issues be addressed?

No comments:

Post a Comment